Around-the-Clock Availability
Free Consultations 518.299.0314
Serving the Capital Region Since 1948 Outstanding and Experienced Legal Representation

How Can I Get Compensated From An Accident With An Uninsured Motorist?

If you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist, you may be wondering how you will be able to get compensated for your injuries. Our firm has been representing the residents of Schenectady since 1959 and our lawyers have more than 75 years combined legal experience.

We handle all types of accident cases, including those involving uninsured motorists and we are well versed on the state laws governing these types of accidents. If you need help getting compensated after sustaining injury in an accident with an uninsured motorist, a Schenectady personal injury lawyer from DeLorenzo, Grasso & Dalmata stands ready to assist.

Do not expect that your insurance company will be eager to investigate your accident or pay out on your claim. If you want to see swift action taken to provide you with a fair and just settlement, we recommend you retain legal counsel at once. Having a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side can greatly increase your chances of being able to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries. In these types of accidents the mandatory minimum coverage for an uninsured motorist may not be enough to cover all of your accident-related expenses.

Drivers in our state are required by law to carry only minimum amounts of liability insurance, no-fault car insurance and uninsured motorist insurance. The minimum coverage for an uninsured motorist is $25,000 for injuries to one person and $50,000 for injuries to multiple people.

Uninsured motorist coverage will not cover any damage caused to your vehicle or property, however it can help cover expenses related to any injuries you sustain. If you opted to purchase supplementary uninsured motorist coverage, we will fight to help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact our firm right away so that we can get started on preparing your claim.