Workers' Compensation Cases in Schenectady
Representing Injured Workers in Workers' Comp Claims
Have you been injured during the course of performing work-related duties? If so, you may be entitled to benefits under your employer's workers' compensation insurance. Workers' compensation insurance provides cash benefits and/or medical care for workers who have either been injured or fallen ill as a direct result of their job. Workers' compensation is paid for by employers and employees are not required to contribute to the cost of this crucial compensation.
With workers' compensation cases, the worker is not determined to be at fault and the amount of compensation will not be decreased by the worker's carelessness, nor will it be increased by the employer's fault. However, a worker forfeits his or her right to compensation if the injury resulted from his or her intoxication from drugs or alcohol, or from the intent to injure themselves or someone else.
In New York, workers' compensation claims are processed by The Workers' Compensation Board. If an employer or their insurance carrier is disputing a claim, the Board will intervene and make a determination whether the insurer should reimburse the injured worker for cash benefits and/or medical care, and the amounts payable.
Did you know that in addition to or in lieu of a workers' compensation, you may be entitled to a third party claim? Contact a Schenectady workers' compensation attorney from The DeLorenzo Law Firm to discuss all of your options!
Why should I call The DeLorenzo Law Firm?
- You deserve to receive as much compensation as possible in your work-related injury case!
- We have nearly 75 years of combined legal experience.
- Our firm is accredited by the BBB.
- We are proud recipients of Avvo's Clients' Choice Award.
- Attorney Paul E. DeLorenzo is the chairman of the Schenectady County Bar Association Litigation Committee.
- We are listed among The Most Experienced Law Firms in the Capital Business Review.
- We're here for our clients; we take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can call us anytime, we offer round-the-clock availability. You can reach us at (518) 299-0314.